Cancer Cytogenetics Department comprises service program and research programs. Cancer Cytogenetics service program is extensively expanded to patients referred from TMH and other medical centers from India. Every year, around 6000 bone marrow / peripheral blood specimens are investigated in cancer patients at diagnosis and on treatment. The department provides comprehensive profile of tests in Multiple Myeloma (MM), Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML), Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL), Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML), Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL), Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS), Myeloproliferative disorders (MPD) and Lymphomas. The department is NABL (National Accreditation Board for Laboratories) accredited and participates in External Quality Assessment program (EQAS) with College of American Pathologist (CAP). The laboratory staff is highly skilled team of Scientific Officers, Scientific Assistants, Technicians and supportive staff.
1. The department offers specialized diagnostic services in the areas of
• Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) in all Hematolymphoid Malignancies
• FISH on formalin fixed paraffin embedded (FFPE) tissue
• Conventional Karyotyping in CML, AML and MDS / MPD
• Constitutional Karyotyping
• Chromosomal Fragility Studies in Fanconi’s Anemia / Aplastic Anemia
The Department performs more than 60,000 tests annually in all Hematolymphoid Malignancies by FISH and Conventional Karyotyping. The department is committed to provide reliable, accurate reports for diagnosis, prognosis and risk stratification of the disease.
2. The staff regularly participates in National/ International conferences
3. Department conducts 2- 3 days workshop in Cytogenetics for group of students / teaching faculty.
1. Laboratory has translation research programs on Multiple Myeloma, CLL, CML, ALL and is involved in clinical trial programs
2. One month orientation program is conducted in Cancer Cytogenetic for Fellows, DM students, new registrars from Medical Oncology Dept
3. It is involved in short term research projects (dissertation) for Mumbai University M.Sc. Biotechnology program.
4. One year advanced Cancer Cytogenetic Technology course is conducted for Science postgraduates. The training comprises of lectures, hands-on technical training and microscopy.
5. Observer ship in the department is given to medical post-graduates, scientists, science post-graduates from India and from other countries as well.
6. The scientific members have publications in national and international journals.
If you wish to refer tests for Cancer Cytogenetic Department, please send relevant details of the patient; i.e. name, age, sex, sample type (BM/ PB), sample collection date and time, diagnosis, clinical history, duration of illness should be given in the reference letter along with address, telephone number and e-mail address.
2 - 4 ml Bone Marrow Sample / Peripheral Blood Sample to be collected in sterile Sodium Heparin vaccutainer and sent immediately after collection. In case, the sample cannot be sent on the same day kindly store the sample at 4 Degree and send it next day, preferably with an Ice Pack. Please send clinical details and also attach the immunophenotype report. Kindly provide the address and email ID to dispatch the reports. Kindly mail the clinical details on email@example.com
Kindly note 3 - 6 ml Bone marrow sample is required for Multiple Myeloma test.
Payment details will be shared to Outside Mumbai Patients after contacting the department
For Fanconi Anemia / Aplastic Anemia testing, kindly give a call on 022 2740 5000 Extn – 5759
Department Office Number: (+9122) 27405000 / Ext.No. 5758 /5759
CCE Building, Room no -06,
ACTREC, Sector -22, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai – 410210
Hospital Fax Number: (+9122) 27405000 / Ext.No. 5758 /5759