As per the advisory issued by appropriate authority, all foreign nationals are required to :
- Be in possession of a valid Medical Visa at the time of registration in Tata Memorial Hospital.
- Ensure that the attendant also has a valid Medical X Visa.
- Deposit an advance of INR 2 Lacs.
- It is for information of all Foreign Nationals who intend to avail treatment at Tata Memorial Hospital (TMH) that as per the statutory requirements, Foreign Nationals will be registered in TMH only on possession of a Medical Visa. Foreign Nationals holding other category of visas will in no case be considered for registration in TMH as a patient.
- Similarly, Foreign Nationals accompanying such patients as attendant should also carry Medical X visa.
- Converting a Non – Medical Visa to a Medical visa / Medical X visa, is not possible in India. Applicants will need to approach the Visa issuing authorities in their own country.
- Extension of stay in India for the holders of Medical / Medical X visa for the continuation of treatment at TMH is dealt by the State Home Department based on certificates issued by the authorities of Tata Memorial Hospital designated for the purpose.
- All Foreign Nationals registering as patients at TMH along with their attendants ( if they are also Foreign Nationals) are required to register themselves with the jurisdictional Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO) / Foreigners Registration Officer (FRO) within 14 days from the date of their arrival in India.
- Foreign Nationals registering with TMH as patients are required to deposit a sum of Rs. 2 (two) Lakhs, in Indian currency before admission for undergoing specialized treatment including operations. The amount is in addition to the preliminary expenditure a patient is required to incur for examination / evaluation carried out at the hospital and purchase of medicines.
International Patients Advisor (IPA) (Public Relations Office )