Meeting Date: 02:09:23
Meeting Title: NCG-KCDO Oncology EMR Implementation (Please Click for the Meeting Recording Link)
Meeting Duration: 1hr 17min
NCG Empanels Leading EMR Vendors To Implement ABDM Compliant Oncology Specific EMRs Across NCG Network
Use of Electronic Medical Records (EMR) continues to be a big challenge for the NCG member centers. A study conducted within the NCG member centers revealed that only 15% of them were using EMR and that having an oncology specific EMR is a high priority for our network. The NCG - Koita Centre for Digital Oncology (NCG-KCDO) launched the EMR initiative in November 2022 as a focused effort to support the NCG member centres in selecting a high-quality oncology-specific EMR.
NCG-KCDO assembled a core team of medical and technology professionals that developed comprehensive NCG EMR requirements with over 200 features after a series of discussions including market feedback. NCG floated a Request For Empanelment (RFE) for solution vendors who have a strong base solution and can commit to meeting all NCG EMR requirements over the next several months. NCG-KCDO received very positive response from the vendor community and completed a rigorous evaluation process that included the following steps:
- Part I: Pre-Qualification criteria including overall organizational strength, financials and experience to qualify vendors for empanelment
- Part II: Technical Qualification criteria including ABDM compliance, quality certifications, team capabilities and financial performance
- Part III: Product evaluation including detailed feature demos to understand current capabilities and commitments to meet future feature requirements
- Part IV: Financial Proposal Evaluation including pricing in two categories – (a) One-time perpetual license model with AMC and (b) Annual subscription model
- Part V: Management Presentation that included in person meetings between NCG-KCDO leadership and vendor leadership to review in more detail, vendor’s capabilities and their ability and commitment to become an empanelled EMR partner
NCG is proud to announce that it has empanelled the following 6 vendors as an NCG Empanelled EMR Vendor till December 31, 2025. These vendors with the help from the NCG EMR core group will enhance their existing products to develop high-quality oncology-specific EMR solutions.
- Amrita Technologies Private Limited
- Manorama Infosolutions Private Limited
- Oakland Systems Private Limited
- Ohum Healthcare Solutions Private Limited
- Plus91 Technologies Private Limited
- TrioTree Technologies Private Limited
The primary goal of this empanelment is to promote the development and adoption of ADBM compliant NCG EMRs across NCG centres, with a specific emphasis on ensuring that the EMR systems deployed possess sufficient capabilities to support cancer-related requirements. To achieve this, NCG will provide cancer care experts to partner with the empanelled vendors to complete the product roadmap journey towards a best-in-class oncology EMR as well as focus on critical foundational capabilities including but not limited to interoperability, data security and privacy, and analytics. NCG Empanelled EMR Vendors will be actively involved in the EMR adoption and implementation process to ensure that EMR usage is optimized and integrated into existing clinical workflows across NCG centres.
In addition to EMR as a foundational capability, NCG-KCDO is committed to facilitate the digital transformation of cancer care across the patient’s care journey that will help improve quality, increase access and reduce cost of cancer care over time.